ACT-i-Pass May Newsletter
Hello ACT-i-Pass Participants,
It has been a while! We hope everyone has been doing well during these difficult times. Although many of us are not leaving our homes right now, it is still important to get our 60 minutes of daily physical activity. We know it can be difficult to get physical activity with gyms and recreational facilities closed over the past few weeks, so we wanted to share a few online activities that you can do in your home! Please see the list of resources below:
- City of London Recreation – have lots of great activities on their Facebook page.
- Growing Chefs – Virtual Kids Cooking classes
- The YMCA of Greater Toronto – Stay active with free Facebook Live video classes for the whole family.
- 87 Indoor Games & Activities by What Moms Love
- The Boys and Girls Club – share lots of great activities on their Facebook page.
- Cosmic Kids – Free interactive videos that focus on promoting self-regulation, focus, empathy and mindfulness with young children.
- GoNoodle – Incorporating movement and mindfulness, these fun get up and get-moving videos will focus on physical wellness, academic success, and social-emotional health. These interactive videos will get you and your kids up off the couch and having fun together.
- Kids Workouts – Kid-friendly workouts — choose from Strength for Kids, Agility for Kids, Flexibility and Balance for Kids, Warm-Up for Kids, Cooldown for Kids, Stand Up and Move for Kids, OR create your own custom kid workout.
- Kids Yoga – Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans.
- The OT Toolbox – At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
Want to spend some time outdoors enjoying the nice weather? You can try playing basketball in the driveway, having a water balloon fight in the backyard, planting flowers or vegetables, or going for a walk or bike ride!
Update: ACT-i-Pass following COVID-19
Due to the current conditions, you have been unable to use your ACT-i-Pass over the last couple of months. The ACT-i-Pass team has been working on a solution to this, so please hold on to your passes for now. We will share further details in the upcoming weeks.
Are you following us on social media?
Do you know any children currently in Grade 4 that live in London or attend a school in London?
Please let them know about the ACT-i-Pass program so they can join in on the fun as well! Registration for the 2020-2021 year will be opening shortly!
Please refer to these resources for more information on the ACT-i-Pass program:
Instructions on how to use your ACT-i-Pass
Winter 2020 ACT-i-Pass Schedule
ACT-i-Pass Frequently Asked Questions
Boys & Girls Club Registration From
YMCA Registration Form
YMCA Schedules: Centre Branch, Stoney Creek, Bob Hayward, Bostwick